The core of this project is a blog that I will be launching, called No Reason But.
I require a wordpress site that I can easily use to publish content.
NRB serves the curious – those who ask questions and explore limits (for no reason) but they find this practice meaningful. We examine ideas and processes for clear thinking and deep learning, so that you may be more effective on your own journeys.
Our title is borrowed from a now infamous story of English mountaineer, George Mallory. In the 1920s, a journalist asked the young alpinist why he wanted to conquer Everest. Mallory is said to have quipped: “because it’s there.” We share in that spirit of exploration.
Systems, psychology, sport, epistemology… it’s all fair game.
• Curious, humble, audacious
• Fun, analog
• Imagine you stumbled upon the notebook of a deep thinker and world-class explorer… that is the feeling I want the reader to have when they visit the site.
- Taming Your Nerves: on race day or in front of one million
- How to Select An Expert (meta principles whether you need a coach, or doctor, or hedge fund mgr)
- Preventing Meltdowns (content about Perrow's normal accident theory)
- Laplace's Demon vs. The Cloud (complex adaptive systems vs. prediction)
- Earned Wins (how to think about success and learning in a stochastic world)
MINIMALIST. The design should be minimalist.
LOGO. The design must incorporate and fit the logo attached.
CONTENT PRIMACY. Writing and the photos that support it are the focus.
BRAND CONSISTENT: curious, reflective, humble, audacious, adventure, exploration, growth