The site and design that we have now was made by us (the founders) for a proof of concept and we need a redesign. We have high ambitions for our startup and need a modern yet timeless design to attract a global audience.
Bikejungle is a startup with the ambition to build a complete global social shopping platform for bikes and bike products. This includes product search, price comparison and test results/product reviews. Imagine a place where the cyclist can learn about products from magazine reviews, professional tests, consumer recommendations and search and find the product available in stores (online or offline) at the best price. We talk about ourselves as a hotels.com for cyclists… The site shall promote navigation, search and attract clicks to our partner sites - the bike shops - as this is our business model.
I just want to explain in more detail what Bikejungle is, and what we are trying to achieve, in order for you to fully be able to create amazing designs for us.
We want to take the position as a complete shopping experience for cyclists. Which means that we want to provide the following services to our customers (mainly, but there might be additional services):
- Full price transparency from stores around the world.
- Full availability, i.e. where is my desired product available right now, but also
- Product purchase guides, meaning which product should I buy?This we will do mainly by collecting relevant professional (bike magazines and online editorial content) product reviews and tests. So we will create own "collections" (could be anything from "great jackets for winter cycling" to "Large test of road cycling shoes"), of products to guide our customers in their purchasing process. In the future we also want to enable cyclists to ask other cyclists for advice and recommend products to each other.
In other words, our customers should be able to:
- Serach for a product they know
- Browse our categories, or brands
- Browse and read purchasing guides
This means that the start page should reflect this somehow. We feel that your designs are really good, but not quite there on all the above.
We would also like to see some design ideas of the product page according to the brief.