This website is not primarily to sell books, but rather to have people access the same content online that is included in the book. We want them to spend time reading articles on the website and order the book, if they want the information in that form. This is an educational website with products that can be purchased.
After reviewing the various designs with Phil, he wants the following in his website:
1. The book thumbnail on the front page should be small and creatively incorporated into the top banner somehow. We want this book cover to appear as part of the banner on every page of the website with a large action button stating “Click for details.”
2. The “Sign up for free devotional” form should appear prominently above the fold, perhaps at the top of the left sidebar or maybe incorporated into the banner somehow.
3. On the home page, we want a slide show with big images. This is where we can highlight the book, the video, etc. as the images rotate.
4. Use a portion of the book background image as part of the website design (I have just uploaded that image).
5. He wants the font and size to be easy to read for older people.
6. He does not like to have the sidebar menu telescoping. All navigation items should be visible.
7. Calls to action should stand out on the page. These include:
• “Click here to read Chapter 1” and
• all “Click for details” in the footer boxes.