Our style is a shopping site with an inspirational lifestyle magazine feel to be expressed through the content and visual design.
The tone of voice we are aiming for can be described as the following:
- Joyful: doesn’t feel painful to use or show fitness as being painful or a chore
- Friendly: doesn’t feel cold or distant
- Trustworthy: does not give mixed messages about products, prices or services
- Credible: yet doesn’t feel bossy / too authoritative. Messages are supported by local fitness experts
- Fit & Healthy: but not ridiculous or ‘pumped’
If the site were a person, it would be:
A personal fitness trainer and a friend. Someone who has been there and knows how easy it is to forget, or not have the time to train. He or she would be in their early 30s. Has a degree in sports science and worked in gyms too. Now works as an independent personal trainer. Someone who makes getting and staying fit fun and a part of daily life. Conversational, motivational, social; not sweaty gym, pumped muscle, fanatics.
Some key design principles:
- Be consistent but flexible in design – enable variation within a set structure
- Categories should feel different but hold to FAMILY, FITNESS, OUTDOORS
- The site design reflects the customers ambition - Looks Good (clear and clean), Not difficult to use, a chore, confusing
- Should inspire customers to buy and use product – engage the customer in their goal not just their purchase