ROCKET HORSE - Creative Brief
In the action of creating a new brand identity for Rocket Horse Equine Supplements we need to develop a unique look, feel and character that represents the desired reputation.
The logo mark, logo text, color palette, font, and style of design should instantly reflect the brand feel described below.
The new brand ID will be used for packaging, literature, website, apparel and other sales/marketing elements to communicate the Rocket Horse brand.
BEWARE!! No images of horses running or horse heads. This style is VERY saturated in the equine industry and will not be unique. Do your homework.
Rocket Horse Brand Description
Rocket Horse is a new line of equine nutritional supplements based on smarter technology.
The products are of the highest quality and will be sold at a premium price point. The supplements will be used for maximum performance outcome and typically be related to muscle, bone, joint, wind, energy and mind of high-end performance horses (Think race horses.)
The target audience will be high-end performance horse owners and trainers who desire an extra advantage during competition. i.e. Racehorses, eventers, jumpers, barrel racing, performance arena, rodeo.
If Rocket Horse was for humans it would focus on tri-athletes, marathoners, college and pro athletes. If it were a car it would be a Ferrari, Lotus, Lamborghini.
Keywords: Simple, graphical, sexy speed, fast, flame, health, vitality, bold, courageous, strong, rocket, burst, sleek, tapered, aerodynamic.
Horse owners and trainers in these disciplines at this level only fall into one category, Competitive. They want to win and will use any product they feel can get them there.
These horses are typically expensive to own and show.
Word-of-mouth is of the highest value and will be leveraged for our initial go-to-market strategy.
• “Because We Need Winners”
• Differentiate the brand from all of the competition by reaching outside the market for inspiration. Sports drinks and apparel, racing, professional sports.
• Exclusivity! We need to say little and let the audience use the mind for positioning this as a high-end product because of the look and feel of the packaging and advertising elements.
• Give the brand a 2.0 feel. Young and vibrant with layered graphic elements, bright and energetic movement in both style and function. Let’s take a hard look outside of the animal health industry at examples we like.
How is our product different to your competitors’?
They sell like old-school pharma. Product & benefit. We are selling first place. Think Gatorade, Under Armour, Nike, Hammer Nutrition.
Platinum Performance is probably the best competitor and doing very well in the market.
Most of our competitors have typical, running horse design and style - Outdated and archaic. The top competitors have a brand based in science with a very broad target audience of performance and weekend enthusiast audiences. This gives us an advantage to set ourselves apart.
Platinum Performance, SmartPak, epoequine,
What is the perception of your industry?
Many of the customers have been mislead about performance and ingredients from many back-yard supplement providers. Most of the smaller competitors use homeopathic products with unproven claims.
There will be some skepticism in the market. We need to overcome with testimonials and proven facts.
What is the perception of your company/product?
It’s a new product in the field. However, we have FullBucket.org success to lean upon as well as access to high profile race horse trainers and owners.
What is the single most important message you want your audience to get from this piece?
• Convince the audience that Rocket Horse will help their horse perform better.
• Convince the audience that Rocket Horse products are scientifically superior because they are formulated by veterinarians and tested in the field.
• Convince the audience that this is a young and vibrant company completely different from the big pharma. That they are authentic and here to stay.