- In addition to being on a website, apparel, and all other marketing
materials, this logo will be on a large building, so it needs to be
clean, simple, and easy to read from the street – it must be longer
in width (horizontal) than height (vertical).
- Focus should be on the style of font and clean design of the name:
Drive5 Sports Center, with the Drive5 part being the main focus (we
also have a Drive5 Basketball Academy, and Drive5 Tournament Series,
so we want to be able to easily swap out the text after the Drive5
part of the logo).
- Please do NOT submit complicated, design-heavy graphics of sports
related images or anything resembling a person – we don’t want to
be so literal. The name / font should be the focus with minimal,
modern design touches. If you do add some sort of sports icon, it
should be minimal and abstract.
- Upper OR Lower case letters can be used, or a combination of the
two – whatever lends itself best to the design.
- Suggestion only – not required: The number 5 is an important part
of our concept and program, so any type of pattern using 5 of
something (dashes, squares, circles, etc.) would be acceptable (again,
please keep this subtle and simple)
- Suggestion only – not required: using the roman numeral 5 (V)
somehow… not to replace the 5 in the name, but somehow tied in as an
additional design touch would be acceptable (possibly as the “V”
in Drive, or some other creative way?)
- We would also be open to seeing a simple icon using a “d” and a
“5” (d5), in addition to the full logo.
- Black, Red and White are the colors at this point, but we are open
to seeing other bold, high-impact combinations.
- Please limit the use of italicized fonts – this tends to look a
bit dated, and we really want something modern (if you think you can
do italics and pull off a modern look, go for it, but ideally we’d
like to avoid the italicized look).
- Thank you in advance for your participation in this contest – we
look forward to seeing your creativity!