What is it?
Hey Tribe is an online member directory for professional/trade associations, membership organisations and exhibition organisers.
Who’s the customer?
* ‘Head of membership services’ in a professional/trade association or membership organisation. The organisations we’re targeting are about 3-10 staff.
* More often female, aged 35-55
* Interested in new approaches in the industry
How does it work?
Our customers will install Hey Tribe on their website so that their users can browse/search their list of members.
For example someone looking for a psychotherapist would use Hey Tribe on the 'Association for Psychotherapists' website to browse the list of psychotherapists and find one in their area who had the experience/qualifications they were looking for (this is a made up example).
How is it different?
Our service is different to existing solutions:
1) Hey Tribe has a very easy to use interface (think airbnb, foursquare, google) - which means that we drive more traffic to members' profiles.
2) Members can update their own profiles - which means our customers no longer have to manually update entries.
3) Hey Tribe has add-on services (like promoted listings) - which means our customers can sell new products to their members.
Most associations and membership organisations ask their web agency to provide a solution as part of a website design (and those agencies typically customise off-the-shelf CMS plugins). Hey Tribe is a dedicated solution which works with any website and keeps improving over time. We will have a subscription pricing model.
What are our values?
* Everyone’s different - each supplier has interesting stories and unique selling points
* Small is beautiful - freelancers and small businesses are the lifeblood of the economy
* Quality counts - associations and membership organisations are great ways for consumers to find quality suppliers in crowded markets.
What kind of feeling should the logo/brand generate in audience?
* Trustworthy - membership directories are key for the organisation so we must be seen as a safe pair of hands.
* Bold - this product is innovative but the benefits are presented in a clear and simple way
* Successful - people are only going to choose our product if it is likely to make them and their organisations more successful
* Easy - we’re easy to install, use and maintain
* Tailored - we understand their industry and their challenges
What’s behind the name?
The marketing guru Seth Godin wrote a book about ‘Tribes’ - a new type of consumer who is hungry for connection, meaning and change. We believe associations and membership organisations are perfectly placed to lead their tribes.