For this project, we are looking for both a GRAPHIC and CUSTOM FONT for our new Logo. We want to stand out among other Wakesurf companies with a professional and unique logo, and this is where you come in!
- The graphic and custom font lettering should be separated so that the graphic is not incorporated into the lettering. This allows us a great deal of freedom in the placement of the graphic and lettering on every board.
- We also ask that the layers for both the graphic and lettering are able to be edited by us (we have Adobe Illustrator) so we can change the colors to suit any specific color scheme for each custom board. Of course, we will use a standard color scheme for our general brand identity, website, social media, and advertising. Our color preferences are blues, aquas, light neutrals, and dark neutrals.
- We have a specific style in mind for the font and lettering. It should be block style letters, bold, modern, and sporty. Please see the attached "WakestarAquaBlue.ai" file to see our current logo. This is the style we are going for. Feel free to use this as a starting point while coming up with your own unique block font style. Please note that "Wakestar Custom Boards" is our OLD business name and we are now using "Wakestar Surf Company"
- WAKESTAR should be the biggest part of the lettering and its own unique block style font. SURF COMPANY should be a different font and slightly smaller, beneath WAKESTAR, either centered or to the right as in our old logo.
- Here's what we DON'T LIKE about our old font. The outlining is inconsistently used for filling spaces and makes it look a little messy (The big spaces that it fills in draws the eyes away from the letters). The lettering below WAKESTAR is far too small and should be bigger. We also think the non-connected parts of the A's and R's are unnecessary and don't really contribute much to the font.
- Some type of BORDER OR OUTLINES around WAKESTAR is a PLUS, as this will let us have the option for 2 different colors in the logo layers (The letters themselves and the border). However this is not required.
- The goal is to have a logo where someone can read "Wakestar Surf Company" and see our graphic and be able to deduce that we are a wakesurfing company as opposed to an ocean surfing company, which brings me to my next points.
- We are looking for a somewhat abstract graphic or symbol THAT DEPICTS THE UNIQUE SURF WAVE made by wakesurfing boats.
- I have attached several images of what a wakesurf wave looks like from various angles. Notice the unique and angular shape of the wave and how it differs from an ocean wave. Think about how you can portray the height, depth, width and length of such a wave using lines of varying thickness and curvature and empty space.
- My first idea is to have the symbol depicting the wave from the perspective of looking straight at it from the back of the boat (As in pictures SurfWake1.jpg and SurfWake2.jpg). It can be either a single wave on one side as in the pictures or you could try to do a symbol with a mirrored wave on both sides (Similar to picture SurfWake6.jpg)
- Drawing from the above idea, another option is to work in the letter "W" somewhere in the design, which should be easy to do given the shape of the surf wave.
- Another possible idea would be to use one of the alternate angles, as in the aerial view (Picture SurfWake5.jpg) or the side view (Picture SurfWake4.jpg)
- Feel free to come up with your own idea but I would strongly prefer designs that center around the ideas we have given.
-I will try to give as much feedback as I can on every submission as they are submitted! Once a winner is chosen, we would also like to work with them in the future for T-shirts, business cards and any other needs we may have. Good luck and thank you for participating!