- We really want to see a logo that is reminiscent of the original logo from 1989, but with a less corny and more intimidating-looking wolf.
- We also really like the current alternate "howling wolf" version from 2008.
- The gray wolf is one of the most majestic and fearsome animals in existence - we think this should come across in the team's logo.
- We'd like to see more modern typography used than what's being used currently.
- We'd like to stick to the team's current colors.
- If there's a way to incorporate the "timber" (tree) element without crowding the logo too much that could be interesting, but the main focus should be on the wolf.
- We'd like to see something that's a little more spacious and minimalistic, in line with current design trends, but with a nod to the team's history.
- We would like to steer away from anything overly cartoonish.
- There are many direction that you can go. Some teams have an actual mascot (Celtics, Bulls, Hornets, Raptors), while others have a reference to their geographic location (Nuggets, Warriors, 76ers). Most are 'framed' in one way or another. 20 of the 30 logos also somehow include a basketball in the design. But you don't need to include a basketball.
- Serious concepts only - we're looking for something that the team might actually want to use!
- The genesis of this idea came from a discussion on The Lowe Post Show podcast, here it is for reference: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/gra…6-43974435
- While the contest is specifically for a logo, feel free to show how it could creatively be used on uniforms or even on a court.
- Alternate idea: If you want to take this in a whole new direction, we'd be open to seeing ideas for an alternate logo that pays homage to Minnesota's favorite son and music icon, Prince (RIP).
- See images of timberwolves for reference.
- See the history of Timberwolves logos attached for reference.
- Here are some of our other successful sports logo community contests, for reference: https://99designs.com/logo-design/c…ins-253079
* Hey designers, since we anticipate quite a bit of interest on this contest we won't be able to give feedback to each designer that submits. Each designer will get a star rating, and you may be eliminated in the first round if we feel your design is off brief or not heading in the right direction. Thanks for you understanding, we look forward to seeing your awesome designs!